Monday, June 1, 2009

The cucumber/soy bean/asparagus bean bed is planted and the trellis is assembled but not put in.  Our neighbor who plants corn came over yesterday and we planted our back corner bed full of sweet corn.  I also planted two hills of pumpkin seeds that will weave their way into the corn crop and grow up within it.  We left a space in front of the corn rows and I transplanted some of the sunflower seedlings at about 18" intervals.  



I have a some different varieties of tomato and eggplant from Allandale that I am going to grow in containers, for kicks.
Some of the eggplant in the garden is riddled with pin holes which I need to research to find the culprit.  I sprayed them with some insecticidal soap along with the peppers which all had a black fly perched on their small leaves.



The peas began to flower this weekend and so I think we can expect the harvest within the month.


caged tomatoes












kale all grown up, in need of a thinning/harvest

1 comment:

  1. Wow, your garden looks awesome! How great that you have so much space to grow in.

    ReplyDelete